I was inspired by some of the beautiful mixed breed dogs in my neighborhood to highlight the mixed-breed dogs in shelters-
Mixed breeds have a lot going for them:
1) They are unique
2) They are less prone to genetic diseases
3) You will get lots of questions about them, which helps you make more friends
4) They are often really beautiful combinations of other breeds
5) You won't have to own a "pure-bred"- sorry if you have one (my parents have a "pure-bred" Wheaton terrier) but people who use the word pure-bred as if it matters or somehow makes their dog better than mine really bother me.
6) You get to do their DNA tests, which is fun
So I decided to highlight some funky and beautiful mixed dogs available for adoption!
Max- A Rhodesian/Lab Mix in New York
Honey - A Blood hound and lab mix in Liberty Center, OH
Scrappy - a Wheaton Terrier and Border Terrier in Chicago
Strauss- an Afghan Hound/ Smooth Collie mix in Atlanta
Beacon - a smooth coated Chihuahua and Pit Bull Terrier in Los Angeles